Saturday, January 17, 2009

I love a parade!

Actually, I'm not really much of a parade goer. They are usually way too long and too hot and I have no tolerance for bagpipe music. But if the Utah football team is involved it is a different story.

Matt, Becca and I went downtown yesterday afternoon to the Utes Victory parade. You Coogers may mock, but hey they won every game. What more could they have done? Doesn't the only team that wins every game win the championship? See this article if you have any doubts.

The day was a bit brisk, but the sun was shining on us. King Louie was high-fiving and signing autographs.

Brian Johnson holds up the hardware, as coach Kyle Whittingham looks on. I have a really good, sensitive camera and I swear when I went back to look at my image that trophy was in Brian's hand. Guess it was meant to be Heh Heh...

Confetti flew at the City / County building where they held a rally after the parade. A bunch of boring politicians spoke along with coach Kyle Wittingham, Brian Johnson, Louie Sakoda and the U President Michael Young and Athletic Director, Chris Hill.
Football is over until September. I know I have posted a lot about the Utes, but wow it was a fun year.

4 comments:

Grandma A said...

Hey Blaine, Dad and I watched the
parade on TV. We thought you guys
would probably be there. We were looking for you on TV, but we didn't see you. :)

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Blaine probably WASN'T there and just photoshopped his kids in the pictures. Good job, Utah. Now we can move ON to next year!

Jill said...

Go Utes!! woohoo, they deserve it!

Nelle B said...

I hope the Cougars can have a comeback next year. They really died this year, didn't they?
Congratulations to the Yoots. :)