Monday, June 16, 2008

There's only ONE Lagoon

My work had it's summer party Saturday at Lagoon so we took the family and made a day of it. We ate lunch when we first got there and during the lunch there was a prize drawing. The grand prize (32" LCD HDTV) went to.... BRIAN Anderson!! I had to go make sure they they didn't really mean me...too bad.

Becca made some huge strides this year as far as courage to go on the big rides. She started off with the Rocket and didn't stop there. Colosuss, Wicked, and the Spider were also conquered by the girl who just turned seven!! What about that rickety white (brown) roller coaster, you say? She rode that last year! Way to go Becca.


As for Nicky, he was pretty brave, too. He didn't cry on any rides - but he knew the limits of which rides he didn't want to go on. He liked the train the best.


The power went out for a couple hours while we were in line for the Wicked. There was nothing else to do but wait or go home. You can tell by the picture that Matt was totally okay with it and extremely patient during the outage. We waited it out and were pretty much at the front of the Wicked line when the power came back on. Now we can go again for free before the end of June. I'm not sure I'll have full function of my legs and back again by then.


Who looks like the biggest chicken in this picture?


As the day wore on, Nicky got very vocal about wanting a plastic blow-up hammer he saw a lot of people carrying around. We found that in order to get one, dad would have to be able to swing a sledge hammer hard enough to win one. Dang, maybe we should have tried this at the beginning of the day...but dad had just enough left in the tank to get it done. Now I'm his HERO!!!

2 comments:

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Fantastic pictures at Lagoooooon! That's what fun is! I haven't been there for many years. You have to either 1) have lots of money to go, 2) work for a cool company or in my case 3) have a VERY cool sister. I'm not sure if my pics will be as cool as yours but we'll see. Cottonman for SURE looks like the biggest chicken. Truth be told, Jenn is the one that REALLY won the hammer for Nick but you didn't want to crush his hero image of you

Nelle B said...

I'm glad Becca was brave enough to try the Rocket, it's my favorite ride!