Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Utes Good Luck Charm

We have season tickets to Utah Football games. Nicky goes with us a couple times a year when we know the weather is going to be good and the game won't be too late. Every time he has come, the Utes have taken their opponent to the woodshed. Last year he went when we beat UCLA 44-6 and when we beat San Diego State 23-7. Today we took him to the game and the Utes beat Colorado State 49-16!! I think we need to take him to the TCU and BYU games next month...

The only problem is about halfway through the 1st quarter he starts asking "Is the game almost over?" By halftime he is fit to be tied and really wants to go home. That is when we head to the ice cream stand. That gets him through the 3rd quarter and somehow cheers him up to stay to the end (we don't go home early - ever. Matt doesn't allow that).


Today was a great day for a football game. Mid-70's and sunny. We actually got a little sunburned.
Oh, and Cooger fans - this is what 8-0 looks like :) As we were driving home from the game we went past Deseret Industries and there was a big line-up of cars - they were in a lane that said "Drop off "The Quest" T-Shirts Here".

5 comments:

Jill said...

Nicky, I feel the same way. I am ready to go home the first quarter too! Ice cream doesn't help me stay though. :)

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Great pics of Ninny. I can totally understand not wanting to stay that long in R-E Stadium. Lavell Edwards Stadium is MUCH nicer. You'd better watch out or you'll ALL be getting "The Quest" t-shirts for Christmas.

suzi said...

R. Jeffery Davis thought I needed to read this, and I agree. Too funny.

Nelle B said...

I think Nick would be the good luck charm for any team he cheers for - so I don't really think it's any thing that the Yoots have done :)

Blaine said...

I would LOVE a "quest" t-shirt for Christmas. I do some customizing and then wear it - XXL is what I need. Who is Suzi???