Friday, December 12, 2008

Happy Holidays!!

I have been to New Orleans 4 times in the last 5 years, but I can't quite swing a trip down there for New Years to watch the Utes play in the Sugar Bowl. I regret not making the trip 4 years ago when the Utes went to the Fiesta Bowl, and vowed that I would go the next time they made it to a BCS Bowl. Well, I was hoping for Arizona again this year - maybe "once in a lifetime" will happen for the third time in the next few years. New Orleans is 2000 miles away and the flights are over $1,000 round trip (they were about $500 each time I went there on business - those airline price gougers!!) I guess I could always hop on one of the charter buses to the Big Easy and spend 50 hours on a bus with a bunch of drunk strangers (cue the drunk Ute fan jokes).

Well, I hope the Utes do well against the mighty Alabama Crimson Tide. It will be a huge challenge for them, but I think they are up for it. It will pretty much be a home game for Alabama, since it is about 300 miles from the Alabama campus (Tuscaloosa, AL) to New Orleans. That's about the equivilant of driving from SLC to St. George.

And good luck to the Cougars of BYU in the Las Vegas Bowl and TCU against Boise St. in the Poinsettia Bowl. Holiday cheer all around!

2 comments:

R Bull said...

It's too bad they got matched up against such a good team. Good luck Utes, but it doesn't look too promising against a former #1. :)

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Go Utah! And don't forget to send that check to BYU.