Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Big Boy Bike

Nicky has been begging me to put training wheels on a little bike that we have. I was a bit hesitant to do it because they get so used to the training wheels it makes it harder when it comes down to actually learning to ride a bike for real (yeah, the part where Dad has to run behind them down the street).


I am a strong believer that peer pressure is the best bike riding teacher. Matt begged me to take his training wheels off when he saw kids across the street riding around with no training wheels. He learned that same day pretty much on his own (after a few falls).

Nicky and I went to the store and found some training wheels and he is riding around happy as can be. His best little buddy, Eli (a couple months younger than him), rides a two-wheeler without training wheels. Doesn't seem to bother Nicky a bit. Guess I better get in shape for the running.

2 comments:

Grandma A said...

Nicky is looking good on his bike.

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

You're going to need all of those miles from the elliptical.