Thursday, May 7, 2009

Fantastic Forty!

Today is a milestone Birthday for Jen - the big 4-0! She is taking it pretty well passing into the "Over 40 Club."

I made her a Birthday Cake. This is the first time I have ever tried this - I thought it turned out pretty good for my first try. Maybe I will be into making pies AND cakes now. But I'm not going to quit my day job.

Jen has been into the exercising lately. She goes to classes with some neighborhood friends at the Rec. Center three mornings a week (5:45 am!!) and the other two mornings she runs with her sister, Kath. I got her some new excercise clothes for her birthday.

She got to tend her 2 month old niece, Katelyn, for about an hour today. Just long enough to curl her hair.

Blowing out the candles was harder than it may look. Those are special "decade candles" on the cake :)

Jeff completed the exercise theme by giving her a water bottle and a yoga mat (yoga class is every Wednesday). Kath got her a candle warmer and candle, Mom and Dad Anderson (click here for Mom's post and a classic picture) got her a new waffle iron (we tried it out this morning and the waffles were great!)

Dad and Wendy got into the "over the hill" action and got her some old Doris Day movies and a book - "How Not to Look Old." It has some pretty good ideas.
Happy Birthday, Jen. I love you!

5 comments:

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

What a great party. Too bad the peach ice cream went so fast. The cake was tasty but not NEARLY as tasty as those apple pies.

Jill said...

Happy birthday Jen!! Wow, you're a pie AND cake man now... what else can you make? I'm impressed. :)

Grandma A said...

That was good cake.

Nelle B said...

Happy Birthday Jen! You look great- I think you better pass that book on to me!

Grandma A said...

I think little Katelyn looks alot like Taylor did at that age. Especially in the eyes and her hair.