Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Soccer Mania

I'm not a huge soccer fan. I do like to watch my kids play, but I can't say that I have ever sat down and watched a soccer match that I really wanted to see on TV. That being said, I was able to take a tour of the new Real Salt Lake Stadium today because the company I work for built it. We are getting down to crunch time in getting it done because there will be two matches played there in October. It is coming along nicely and I admit I wouldn't mind going to see some games there next year. It is a very nice facility.


This is the view looking South East. By some twist of fate the white chairs spell the name of the team. If you look closely at the word "lake" it looks like some of the chairs in the E need to be switched back to red.


This is the view from the press box looking North East. There are also about 20 luxury suites on the west side of the stadium near the press box.


This is about as wide of an angle I could get on the stadium with my camera lense. This was taken from the south end.


This is the RSL team locker room. Apparently a whiteboard isn't enough to strategize at halftime. The coach probably has little soccer figurines he moves around on the soccer field carpet.


This is the view toward the west. If you look at the open area above the lower seats at the far left, this is the "Club" area. This is where VIP's (who are not in the suites, I guess) go to have food and socialize during the game. It is pretty close to the field, so hopefully the ball doesn't get kicked in there and knock the punch bowl over.

2 comments:

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Great pics although both Jake and I think this new stadium is much better suited for lacrosse than soccer. How do you spell "lens"?

Jill said...

I hope you get some free tickets out of the deal too! That would be fun to take your kids to a game especially since they all play soccer. If you get any tickets and need to get rid of some throw them my way. :)