Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Historic Day...

Yesterday the USA elected it's first African American President. As I walked up to the the voting machine I still wasn't sure who I was going to vote for. A very tough decision. I usually align myself with the Republican Party, but am pretty unhappy with the position our country is in right now with the wars and the economy in the toilet. I won't say who I voted for but I will say that I hope now that Obama has been elected that everyone can get behind him to pull our country out of this mess. I hope his leadership is as dymanic as his speeches are.
I think both he and McCain gave great speeches last night and both were aware of the historical significance of this election. McCain was gracious in defeat and vowed to be an American first and foremost and to support Obama. Obama praised McCain as a great American war hero and worthy opponent.

My only regret is that "Superdell" didn't get elected as Utah's governor. What a wild ride that would have been... Maybe instead of calling Jon Hunstman the anti-christ, he should have promised everyone a ride on his Ultralight or whatever you call it. That probably would have gotten him more votes.

2 comments:

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Now you're writing political posts? Let's keep this to family and friends. I'm glad that you voted.

Jill said...

Guess what? I voted for the first time in years. I can't believe SuperDell didn't win, that was the main reason I voted! :)