Sunday, November 30, 2008

Pie, Pies, Pies, Yeah

Making apple pies on Thanksgiving Eve is a tradition at the Anderson home. It started before Taylor was even born. One Thanksgiving I decided to see if I could make an apple pie. I peeled and cut up the apples by hand and made a pretty good pie that first year.

Over the years I have gotten better at it and even added a dutch apple pie a few years ago. These are this year's entry along with the cookie turkeys we made this year. We got the cookie turkey idea last Thanksgiving from Brandon and Camille (who just had baby Luke a few days ago - congrats).

These days I don't have to peal or slice the apples by hand. And I have plenty of helpers. All the kids enjoy taking turns using the apple peeler/slicer/corer thingy.

After an apple has gone through the machine, you end up with skinny apple peel about 4 feet long. Becca and Nicky like to play with and eat these long peelings.

3 comments:

Brunner said...

Yum! That apple pie was tasty.

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Thank you for changing your top blog picture and taking that ridiculous picture of me off. Next, love the pun on the Thompson Twins song. Lastly, LOVE the dutch apple pie. Too bad we only get it once a year.

Grandma A said...

You make a real good apple pie.